PET ANXIETY MONTH
Posted: 28th March 2019
Preparing For a Trip to the Vets
Prepare your car, so that it promotes a calming environment
- Play calming music - classical & reggae have been shown to work the best!
- Apply calming pheromones 10 to 15 minutes before your pet enters the carrier or car.
- Cool or warm the car to a comfortable temperature before putting your pet inside
- Make sure any carriers are on a non-slip surface in the car.
- Avoid feeling rushed. If you are stressed, your pet will sense this and may become stressed.
- To prevent carsickness, accelerate slowly from a stop, allow extra distance between other vehicles to prevent sudden braking, and take turns slowly.
- Some animals will benefit from anti-nausea, anti-motion-sickness or anti-anxiety medications.