To ensure that your pet continues to be treated with the most appropriate medication at the correct dose, we are obliged to carry out re-examinations at regular intervals. The time period between these examinations will vary depending on the condition and the medication.
- These checks will be charged at a reduced consultation fee and, in certain cases, a blood test will also be required.
- For conditions requiring long-term medication, these checks will usually be every 3-6 months.
- All pets must have yearly check-ups for repeat prescriptions of flea and worm treatments.
During the COVID-19 pandemic our vets have the authorisation guided by the RCVS and BVA to authorise the prescription of drugs without a physical examination of your pet. Please note a telephone consultation may be required in some cases. This decision is for the veterinary professional.
Please allow 2 full working days' notice in order to ensure all prescriptions are available and ready for collection.
During the COVID-19 pandemic you will be telephoned when your order is ready for payment to be taken and postage or collection arranged. Please do not arrive at the practice without calling first. Where possible we ask that items are posted. Food can be paid for using our online payment feature or over the telephone and collected at an agreed time.
How to order
To order a prescription please complete the online form or telephone 01453 542092
Written prescriptions are available at a cost of £17.95. If you wish to claim on your insurance for medication, please provide a completed claim form at the time of collection.
For food and pet supplies head to our Online shop
The My Family Vets online shop means you can stay stocked up without leaving the house, and your pet never has to go without their delicious diet and vet-approved products.
- Browse our vast selection of diets and products, all approved by expert vets
- Choose what you want and checkout online (redeeming your discount if you’re a Pet Health Club member)
- We can deliver to your door in just 3 working days*
*Order before 12:00pm to receive your order within 3 working days. Delivery provided by DPD.